Thursday, February 24, 2011

Online Critique

Follow my journey into the world of online critiquing!

Mia Marlow saves her Thursdays for critiquing the first 500 words of a novels for those who are willing to volunteer. Since I'm currently working on that novel (and a few other things), and I'm not totally ready to share, I asked Mia if she would consider looking at the first 500 words of a short story of mine. She agreed!

If you'd like to take a look, here is the link: http://miamarlowe.com/blog/2011/02/red-pencil-thursday-3/#comments

Monster House is my FIRST jump into a written piece from the first person POV in PRESENT tense.
Oh boy.... was that ever hard!
I chose to submit Monster House because I honestly wasn't feeling the love.

I needed some help.
I needed some objectivity.
I needed to know what I was doing wrong.

I'll be back with what I've learned from this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment